Calibrated Shrinkage Device for Precise Heat-Work Measurement
TempCHEK is a high quality, pyrometric shrinkage product, used to determine process temperatures or temperature differences within kilns.
The TempCHEK is measured after firing to the nearest 0.01 mm. Using a table supplied by Orton with each batch, the fired width can be used to determine an equivalent temperature.
TempCHEK Trakker Software is also available that will automatically lookup and graph process temperatures in up to 9 locations and keep a history of up to 360 runs.
Accuracy and Reproducibility
Each batch of TempCHEKs is calibrated to maintain batch-to-batch uniformity of the heat work measured based on the conversion temperature or TempCHEK temperature. Although firing atmosphere, firing rate and/or soak time can influence the shrinkage of the TempCHEK, the TempCHEK can discern heat work variation between locations within the setting and day to day variation. TempCHEKs are designed to give reproducible heat work measurements and provide critical information on the uniformity and reproducibility of the firing process.
The TempCHEK was designed to provide a relative measurement of temperature and should not be considered a thermocouple calibration device. However, a change in heat work measured by a TempCHEK may indicate a drift in the accuracy of the controlling thermocouples.
Quality Makes A Difference
TempCHEK is a high quality product that is excellent for Quality Assurance programs. It gives less variation than other shrinkage products. Orton uses standardized materials and process procedure. All temperatures given in the tables and graphs are developed using thermocouples and measuring gauges traceable to NIST standards. TempCHEKs are dry pressed instead of plastic formed to better control density, which means less variability between pieces. Each batch is tested to minimize lot to lot variation. These procedures assure accurate reproducible and traceable behavior for all Orton TempCHEKs.
Easy To Use
1. Place the product directly into the kiln where temperature measurement is desired.
2. After firing, remove and label each TempCHEK so that you know its location inside the kiln
3. Use the Orton Desktop TempCHEK Gauge to record the width of each piece to nearest 0.01 mm. (or an equivalent measuring device capable of getting repeatable results to the nearest .01mm)
4. Use the Temperature Equivalent Table to convert each fired width into an equivalent temperature. (Temperatures are for a 1 hr hold.)
5. Use the correction Factor Chart to determine a correction for hold times less than or more than one hour. Charts are available in Celsius or Fahrenheit.
TempCHEK Product Line - Temperature Ranges
TempCHEK LTS - 850 - 1025C / 1560 - 1875F
TempCHEK MTS - 950-1150C / 1740 - 2100F
TempCHEK HTS - 1100 - 1420C / 2010 - 2590F
Questions? / Help with product Selection
Telephone: (614) 818-1338